How Can Your Company Benefit from Preventive Maintenance Plan
When it comes to creating maintenance strategies for your business, there are two basic options that you can go with. While some companies make use of a strategy commonly known as reactive maintenance, in which the rule is that you don’t fix it unless it breaks down. That is, you react to something after it has occurred, but you are prepared for it when it occurs. The other strategy is to keep all your equipments monitored and maintained on a periodical basis so that the chances of an unexpected “breakdown” is reduced and is very minimal. This is commonly called the proactive maintenance.
Many companies choose the reactive maintenance strategy as it might look like it saves you money in the short term. However, in the long term a proactive, preventive maintenance plan can help you save loads of money.
So let us figure out the important benefits of using a preventive maintenance plan.
Pros of Choosing a Preventive Maintenance Plan:
- This strategy increases the lifecycle of your equipments and thus companies can do away with capital replacements for a long time.
- With the help of this plan, the chances of keeping your equipments in running condition is much higher and you can also efficiently deliver without allowing your expenses to explode
- With a preventive maintenance plan, you can reduce the downtime and increase the by a significant margin.
- Uptime and performance metrics are closely related to each other and thus minimal instances of downtime makes sure that your company’s productivity improves a lot. Internal as well as external services can be a lot more effective and efficient. Your maintenance team will be able to take care of smaller issues easily as there is no sudden breakdown to be dealt with, as everything is accounted for.
- You can also reduce the risk of occupational hazards by making sure that the equipments are working in optimum condition all the time. Thus, from a safety perspective, preventive maintenance plan is very essential. It has the potential to save lives and make sure that workers have a safe and reliable working environment, without having to worry about their safety.
The Economics of Preventive Maintenance Plan:
Aside from the obvious benefits mentioned above, preventive maintenance can help you improve performance in the long run. Thus, helping you get the required returns on your investment eventually.
Performance metrics are closely related to your profit. Many companies rely on the overall output of their machinery to determine how they are performing in a financial year. The better the performance, higher will be the productivity, which leads to higher profits.
What does a CMMS have to do with Preventive Maintenance Plan?
Computerized Maintenance Management System or commonly known as CMMS, plays a very important role in the effective maintenance of machinery and the assets of your companies. Without the help of a good mobile CMMS in place, it is very difficult for companies to craft an effective preventive maintenance and execute it successfully.
With the help of a CMMS solution, scheduling of maintenance tasks can be planned and worked out well in advance. Apart from that, record maintenance, generation of reports relating to work orders and schedules, repair related information and records can be managed effectively and documented in orderly fashion by the software.
I hope this article was useful for you to learn more about how a preventive maintenance plan can help your company in the long term and how a CMMS system can help you do that. If you have any doubts with regards to this, let us know through the comments and we will be glad to help you out. If you have any suggestions regarding how we can improve the article, let us know them through the comments as well for us to improve.